Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thinking about Vimy

I have alwasy wanted to see the Canadian War Memorial at Vimy and today I'm thinking that might be where I go next. No luck online with train tickets so I will have to take a walk to the local station to see if it is possible to make connections on this Easter Holiday weekend.

I'm staying at a private home here in Saint Jean, run by another very nice older Basque couple I have a room on the third of four floors with a small balcony and view of the back gardens. I always wanted to be able to hang my laundry out on the balcony.



Yesterday afternoon I just happened to be in the right place at the right time for this little show.



I will try and add more about my travel plans later today.

2 comments:

Compostelle 2008 said...

Congratulations on making it to St. Jean Pied-de-Port. Vimy is a very moving place, well worth the visit. Hope you find a place to stay in Vimy. We went, my husband and I, cycling and ended up staing in Arras.

I was fun to follow your blog. Thanks for the memories

Michèle, Ottawa

Dale said...

thank you Michele and you are welcome. I'm in Arras tonight and take a very early train to spend the morning in Vimy tomorrow.