Saturday, October 2, 2010

My new chicken coop


My new chicken coop, originally uploaded by Campobello Island.

You don't have to be crazy to be me but I find that it helps. Just ordered this on eBay yesterday. Should arrive in a week or two and I hope to get it put together before winter sets in. In the spring I will buy a few day old chicks. I haven't had hens in many years now but I looking forward to having my own little backyard flock again. Great deal on eBay if anyone is interested, $299.00 plus shipping or best offer. I offered full price with free shipping and my offer was accepted.

The Link to the eBay item.

4 comments:

JoyceP said...

Wow, great deal! I think your chickipoos will be very happy ;)

Dale said...

Thanks Joyce it will only be 3 or 4 birds but I'm very excited about having chickens again, I've been missing them for years now.

Compostelle 2008 said...

In the Spring there was a bit of a campaign in Ottawa to allow backyard chickens in the city. Though I would not be one to participate, I like the idea. My mom had so many funny stories about their chickens that they had in their backyard in Montréal many years ago.

Dale said...

It's been years since I last had chickens, but I've been thinking about getting them again for several years now. I've really missed them. I think I've decided to get Bantams there is a breeder in PEI that I just found who has 8 or 9 different bantam breeds and will sell birds when they are old enough to tell if they are hens or roosters, with bantams I can have six, so likely six different breeds.