Friday, February 12, 2016
Airplane technology: Detachable cabins, Mach 24 and crazy patents - futu...
1. The French airplane maker has released patented design concepts for detachable cabins that would cut down immobilization time for both airplanes and passengers.
2. The design alternates the cabin seats between facing forward and facing backwards, so you can stare at your neighbors without turning your head.
3. French airplane maker Airbus has filed patents in Europe and the United States for split-level seating passenger configurations — an idea which has been likened to stacking passengers like blocks.
4. Charles Bombardier has released another aircraft concept that is expected to be capable of traveling from London to New York in 11 minutes.
5. Boeing officially launched the latest model of its 777 jets at the Dubai Airshow in mid-November, 2013. With a 71.1-m wingspan, the Boeing 777X is the largest twin-engine jet in the world. Its long, tapered wings are designed to make flying more efficient.