Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Nest Boxes - Pin-up posters provided by my friend Pat

The new nest boxes that have been sitting in my living-room for three weeks have at last been installed in the Coop. I don't expect any eggs for a couple of months yet so the girls have lots of time to pick a nest. They were checked out almost as soon as I left the coop and I think they met with approval. The pin-up posters were provided by my friend Pat we share a similar sense of humour.

Checking out the new nest boxes

2 comments:

Compostelle 2008 said...

City girl that I am, I wondered where they were going to nest to lay their eggs, but didn't dare ask!

Michèle

Dale said...

Always ask Michèle a dozen other people are wondering the same thing. I just ordered a dozen brown ceramic nest eggs two for each nest. They are the same size and colour as a brown egg the idea there is it gives them the idea that the nest is where you put your eggs. They will still lay their first ones in the corner on the floor some where. Also they will peck the ceramic eggs and discover that they are very hard this helps to eliminate egg pecking and eating which can be a big problem.