Saturday, September 10, 2011

Propagating a Capsicum Chilli Pepper from cuttings.



Back in the hoop house this time I'm concerned that I might loose one of my large Capsicum Hot Chilli Peppers this fall. The plant as it is potted in a smart-pot and very large can't be brought into the house for the winter so I'm trying to propagate it from cuttings, If this fails I will transplant part of it into a pot and cut it back. I finish the video with another short look at the vegetables in the hoop house.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Looks like you started some of the veggies late. If you stated things like the celery outside at the same time would they be further along? Nice experiment to try.

Dale said...

All the vegetables in the hoop house were started from seed July 22nd and transplanted into the hoop house on August 20th. No idea how late in the year I can keep them growing or how much I will be able to harvest but it is amazing how fast they have grown in there. I have never had anything grow this fast or well in the garden.

Sharon said...

Good luck propagating the pepper. I have heard of people using hot pepper plants as bonsai plants which sounds nice also.

Dale said...

Thanks. I have two other smaller chilli plants, Black Pearl, I started them from seed last winter too and I hope to bring them in the house for the winter but this unknown thing is just too big. Several people that I follow on YouTube have chilli plants that they have kept going for years.