Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Square foot garden update July 6, 2010



At last we had a whole week without rain, next thing you know I will be complaining about all of the dry weather, there's no satisfying a gardener. The week without rain was wonderful and I was able to produce several batches of compost tea and apply it to the garden.

Things are growing quickly now with the warm weather and all of the sunshine. I had some zucchini, kale and Swiss chard for dinner last night and today I had some of my lettuce and radish in a salad, it's great to be getting produce from the garden again. Today I see several of the winter squash are in bloom as well as some of the cucumbers.

My video is a day late this week because for some unknown reason I haven't been able to upload to YouTube for the past 24 hours.

To date there have been 1,893 different people from 56 different countries visit the blog but I don't seem to get many comments. Please take a moment make a comment and let me know where you are from , I would love to know more about who is following the blog.

2 comments:

ruthy and tim said...

hi dale
we are staying at browns in or near wilsons beach july 18-24. will you please give me some advice on where to buy veggies and seafood: lobster, scallops and fish and fresh bread? my husband, 15 yr old daughter and i are coming by train from port hope, ontario and are hoping to see lots of whales. Your garden looks great! we have considered this method as a way to avoid digging in our poison ivy rich soil.
thank you
ruthy

Dale said...

Hi Ruthy:

I'm don't know what brown's might be unless you have rented a house or cottage from someone by that name. We have one grocery store, Valuefood, which sells produce and some seafood and there is an excellent seafood restaurant, Family Fisheries, with very good prices and very fresh seafood including lobster. You can often see whales from shore at the lighthouse down at the northern tip of the Island and there two companies that do whale watching cruises. We've been having a beautiful summer, hope the weather holds for your visit. Fortunately for us we do not have poison ivy in this area. Have a good holiday.

Dale