Thursday, August 25, 2011

End of week one in the New Hoop House



I'm amazed at how much growth has occurred in just one week. Most of the seedlings that I transplanted in the raised bed a week ago have doubled in size and beets that I planted from seed were up and growing in three days, I wish I had done this years ago. The humidistat that I had ordered arrived after I made this video and the reading is 72% which is high but not as high as I thought it would be. I must do some research to see what a good reading is for a greenhouse I suspect the reading should be higher than you would have it in your home anyway.

2 comments:

Lynn at Southern Fried French said...

Hi Dale, Just watched your chick flick, how cute is that! I'm trying to talk Ron into a chicken or two, I love the black and white checked ones, so French. but no luck. We also fear our cat might have one for lunch.
Looks like you have a wonderful country home! The picture on your header is unbelievable.

Dale said...

Thank you. The black and white ones are Mottled Cochin Bantams, feather footed and I agree they are sweet. Predators of all kinds are a constant concern, several neighbourhood cats drop by here to checkout the chickens, I now only let them out of there secure enclosure if I'm there to watch them. The photo on my header was taken in the Park here on the Island a spot called Liberty Point the young people all call it the Frog Rock.